She was born near Spearville, Kan., on Dec. 28, 1935, the sixth child of Frank and Albina (Penka) Kirmer, and baptized at St. John the Baptist Church.
Her family later moved to Dodge City, Kan., where she played softball, tennis and basketball. She was valedictorian of her 1953 Dodge City High School graduating class, and later worked there for five years as the principal’s secretary.
She graduated in 1963 from Sacred Heart College, earning a bachelor’s degree in business and theology. She earned a master’s degree in business administration at Notre Dame University in 1970, and a master’s degree in spirituality from the University of San Francisco in 1993.
She entered the Adorer community in Wichita, Kan., in September, 1958. She professed her first vows July 1, 1960, and her permanent vows July 1, 1965.
She did most of her ministry in Wichita as director of aspirants, high school teacher, Sacred Heart College director of records and admissions, provincial councilor, pastoral team member, pastoral associate, and director of several diocesan planning committees.
She served on the boards of Villa Maria in Mulvane Kan.; St. Joseph Villa in David City, Neb.; Wichita Diocesan Board of Education and Newman University.
Renee was pastoral associate at St. Mary’s Cathedral for 19 years and was active in the parish’s committees, classes, and events. As her farewell gift, the parish bought her a plane ticket to Rome so that she could attend the canonization of the Adorers’ founder, St. Maria De Mattias, in May 2003.
In 2008, she took on the ministry of welcoming women who were considering a vocation with the Adorers. She also helped sisters with budgeting, and volunteered at Newman University’s registrar’s office, Botanica and the Lord’s Diner, and served as a board member of the Center of Hope.
Preceding her in death were her parents, her siblings Norbert, Herman, Margaret, Magdalen, and Berneda. She is survived by her sisters, Anita and Carol, numerous nieces and nephews, and her ASC community members.
She was buried at the Wichita Center cemetery.