We, the Leadership Team of the Adorers of the Blood of Christ of the United States Region, wish to publicly share our commitment to advocate for an end to gun violence and its root causes and to promote pragmatic solutions through significant and meaningful dialogue and legislation.
- the dignity and value of human life;
- the rights of individuals to lawfully own guns for protection and recreational purposes;
- universal background checks on all gun purchases;
- a waiting period before purchasing a gun;
- banning assault-style rifles;
- limiting access to all military or police-style guns;
- requiring that all guns be sold and registered through licensed entities;
- expanding and funding mental health care services
We applaud the dedication of law enforcement personnel to provide public and private citizens with protection and safety. We seek legislation that mandates and funds adequate training and protective equipment to law enforcement agents.
We denounce the position of those who use ‘the right to bear arms’ in the Second Amendment to the Constitution to mean private citizens should have unchecked access to all styles of guns without adequate legal verification of mental stability, mandatory gun safety training and licensing.
We walk as compassionate companions with all victims of gun violence.
Sisters Barbara Hudock, ASC, Francine Schuster, ASC, Jan Renz, ASC, Janet McCann, ASC, Maria Hughes, ASC